Gloobus-Preview is a Nautilus extension to get preview of audio, video, images, documents, code and text files. This enables sorting out junk files within numerous directories and opening different kinds of file types (such as pictures, music, video, code files etc), without requiring multiple applications to be installed on your computer.
To Use: Once installed, click any file and hit Space key to get an instant preview. You can open full-screen view by using the full-screen mode button present at the bottom of the screen. To exit full screen mode, hit ESC. The file preview window contains a Cog icon located at the top right corner, which provides access to preview settings. These settings enable users to keep the preview window on top, close the window and to use a GTK theme for file preview.
The latest version of Ubuntu 11.10 is out few hours back. If its a fresh installtion, you can download from Ubuntu Site or download from here
To upgrade from ubuntu 11.04 to ubuntu 11.10, follow the procedure
1. To start the upgrading process, Press ALT+F2, type update-manager –d and press Enter Note: You can also you Terminal for the same.
2. This will open the Update Manager where an upgrade button will be visible with a message that the new Ubuntu release is available for upgrade. Click Upgrade to continue.
3. Shortly after continuing, Release Notes window will be visible. Click Upgrade to initiate the upgrade process.
4. Just before the upgrade, you will be asked to enter your password, after which the upgrade process will initiate.
5. During the process, it will list out install files, no longer needed files, no longer supported by canonical files, Remove files and upgrade files. Click Start Upgrade to continue. Update will take time depending upon your internet connection speed.
6. Once the the upgrade is complete, you will be prompted to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.That’s it you have successfully completed the process.
Geekphilip tips: 1. Make sure, you take backup of your files 2. You can cancel the download, any time you like. When you try again, it will resume from the same location. 3. Make sure, you don’t halt the upgrade process once the installation process begins.