Facebook Timeline basically redefines, facebook user interface and experienced. The purpose is to resurface all the content you have created on Facebook. It automatically adds photos, status updates and life events from your Facebook history to your timeline.
Category: Social Media
Facebook f8 Conference [LIVE]
f8 is Facebook’s Conference for developers, entrepreneurs and innovators building a more social web by defining tomorrow’s websites, apps and devices.This all day event with Facebook engineers and product teams will feature keynotes and session tracks that highlight our new tools along with best practices for developers and partners building the next generation of social experiences.
A New look for facebook
Facebook is a social networking service and website launched in February 2004, operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc. As of now Facebook has more than 750 million active users. Facebook announced Tuesday that it would be rolling out new site features and designs. Some of the new major features are as follows:
1. New Stylish Album Layout: The new Album look and feel is really eye-catching, Its appear in your newsfeed stack three photos for a more creative viewing experience.
2. News Feed Ticker: The new ticker on the upper right of your homepage condenses real-time posts. By clicking you can expand and view likes and comments.
3. Top Story: The top stories are designated by a blue tag in the upper left corner of the post. Its selected based upon importance and relevance.
4. Recent Stories: Categories all the recent stories, in such a way its highly notable.
5. Locked Statusbar: Well this feature was launched couple of weeks back, where that top status bar is locked. Whenever we scroll down/up, the status bar is always visible.
6. Subscribe and Unsubscribe: Well this sounds very much like Google+’s circle. We can also set, the way we want to subscribe any one. This feature was also launched couple of weeks back.
Google+ Now Open to all
Google+ (Google Plus, G+) is a social networking and identity service, operated by Google Inc. Google+ integrates social services such as Google Profiles and Google Buzz, and introduces new services Circles, Hangouts, Sparks, and Huddles. The service launched on June 28, 2011 in an invite-only “field testing” phase. The following day, existing users were allowed to invite friends who are over 18 years of age, to the service to create their own accounts. This was suspended the next day due to an “insane demand” for accounts. Today (19th July 2011) Google plus made it public to everyone.
After being invite-only for nearly three months, Google+ just made it public to everyone. On Google’s official blog its written as the 100th feature of Google plus. 100. Anyone can sign up for Google+—no invitation required. Some of the other latest features are Search in Google+, Hangouts APIs, Hangouts On Air etc…